Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Random Uppsala

Over the next couple days, I decided to do a little more sight seeing around Uppsala. I had already visited the Botanical and all it’s wondrous cacti, so I spent the next day checking out the shopping streets, getting lost, wondering along the water, looking at statues and buildings and the infamous Domkyrkan—a beautiful Gothic cathedral from the 16th century (photos on the flickr page). I was basically enjoying being able to walk around and not get any attention; no one was looking at me, trying to sell me things, just being plain creepy--I was completely safe and it couldn't have felt better.

The next night, Krister had to work, so he gave me his phone number list if I wanted to call any of his friends to go out. I texted his friend Ben, whom I had met the night before and is from Chicago because A) I desperately wanted to hang out with Native English speakers and B) thought he was cute☺. So I’m a little superficial, don’t judge! We flirted a bit via text for a while and then I met up with him at eight for a drink and his friend Alex came, as well (a SUPER adorable, pocket sized Swedish girl). We also met up with Matt, who is Canadian, and went to Krister’s bar but the line was out of control, so we decided on an impromptu pub crawl—the fun ended at around one.

The next night, Krister and I met up with Ben, Matt and a few of his other friends to watch the Soccer Finals at a bar. Unfortunately the crowd was nuts, so we decided to go to Matt’s phenomenally huge and well-decorated apartment to have our own party. We ate pizza, Krister and Ben shot-gunned a beer (which I haven’t seen done in ages, amateurs), and we all did some tequila shots before heading out to another bar to meet their Irish friend. I threw in the towel early, but Krister stayed out quite late and the next morning I his jeans were soaked in the entryway with his money, phone, and keys strewn about…no clue what happened. Clearly, he had a better night than I did, lol.

No comments: