Friday, May 1, 2009

Safaricom Marathon Money Begging

For those of you who don’t know (or don’t remember) a part of my trip was to run a marathon on every continent to
A) keep in shape
B) Do something effectively imbedding myself into each culture and
C) raise awareness for the Leukemia and Lymphoma society.
I have already run three full marathons (26.2 miles, 42.195km) on this trip in Ecuador, New Zealand and Thailand…Sweden is less than a month away. But those aren’t this post’s point.

My final marathon of the trip (and on the 6th continent) is the Safaricom Marathon on June 27th which will be run in Lewa, Kenya through the Masai Mara—the Serengeti on the Kenyan side. The proceeds go to the wildlife conservation; who doesn’t like to help animals? I know I do, and I bet you do, too, because you know me and would love to support me.

I’m not looking for anything as substantial as I was for the San Diego Rock ‘n Roll marathon for the Leukemia and Lymphoma society (I raised over $4,200, if you recall, thank you for all of your support!). I already had to donate $250 dollars of my small, sad backpacker budget in order to hold my place. Not to mention, it costs a small fortune for accommodation on the safari (because I don’t have $200 to burn each night, I’m going to hopefully find myself a tent so I can stay in the self-catered camp for about 100 dollars in total, instead…or maybe I’ll just lay my sleeping bag out under a picnic table).

Here’s what I’m asking; help! Yep, monetary help. I know everyone’s finances are low because of the shhhheconomiccrisisssshhhhh, but I don’t need much. $5-10 from a couple people will go a long way. So, please, click the little donate button to the side and help me out☺ Plus, I’m sure there will be some good pictures of lions and other animals chasing me down because I will most likely be the last person finishing—white girl’s got nothin’ on those professional runners.

You can find out more about the marathon, as well as the organization it supports at

http://www.tusk.org/safaricom-marathon-2009.asp.

Thank you for your support!

No comments: