Monday, September 8, 2008

Welcome everyone!  The blog is a little rough now, I know, but TRUST me, it will get a lot more interesting.  You may be wondering: what the hell is this all about, Kelly?  Let me tell you...

About a month and a half ago I started getting really bored and frustrated; I was stuck between two extremes; a job that stimulated my brain--a creative and intellectual playground (yay Spot!), that could only pay me with sustenance--and a job that stunted my mind but brought in loads of "cash, money, hoes" as I like to call it....dolla dolla bills.  I wasn't really ready to shackle my ankles to a desk just quite yet, but I knew I needed an extensive change of pace.  

Then, one day at Spot I looked at my oh-so-awesome colleague, Wanna, and said, "I really want to travel."

"Do it"

....ok.  Less than two weeks later, I was sitting at a desk in STA Travel purchasing a year's worth of plane tickets around the world.  Now, I did put some thought into this adventure before draining my bank account--not that there's anything wrong with quitting your life as you know it to explore every crevice of the globe, quite the opposite actually.  However, I wanted to use this next year as a means of improvement; for myself physically, emotionally, professionally, spritually... and any other -ally suffix words you can come up with, as well as improvement for the world.  Now, I know that's very "Miss Universe" of me to say, but I'm serious!  Here's the plan.  During my year of travels I'm going to be working on organic farms (WWOOFing) and providing any other volunteer services I can find and am needed for (workaway.info).  At the same time, I plan on being professionally progressive, putting my film/television degree to good use, with the help of my new Cannon camcorder, Avid editing software, and CS3.   Oh, and the last minor detail--trying to break the Guinness Book World Record as the youngest woman to run a marathon on every continent.  I've run 4 marathons already here in the states.  The most important being the San Diego Rock 'n Roll marathon that I ran with the Leukemia and Lymphoma's Team in Training.  I raised $4,700 towards curing blood cancers and I plan on carrying that cause with me through every other race in order to attract awareness.  Antarctica is still in the works (keep your fingers crossed to get me off the wait list and/or someone to sugar daddy my way into the South pole), but other than that I have the other six under control!

I leave in 15 days....ahhhh!  My life is in disarray, to put it lightly.  I'm currently homeless and living on my friend's couch (Shawn Mazor is my hospitality hero).  However, everything seems to magically be falling into place.  

I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

first comment!